Ecologist - Full Time
The Company & Position:
AVRIO Environmental Management (“AVRIO”) is a turnkey environmental solutions organisation providing environmental management and consulting to a range of organisations throughout Ireland and the U.K. As a result of continued business growth, the organisation is seeking a full-time Ecologist to join the growing team. The position may require travel and occasional overnight stays throughout the U.K & Ireland. This is a great opportunity to develop skills and prospects within the expanding organisation while gaining vital experience within the environmental sector. This position will be based out of the Enniskillen head office, with the option for relocation to a more favourable location in due course.
The Candidate & Role:
The successful candidate would enjoy an all-important balance between field and office work, whilst working on a variety of projects across a range of sectors.
They would be involved in all areas of our work within the ecological division, finding ecologically smart, commercially efficient and cost-effective solutions for projects on a variety of scales.
- Generating and effectively managing new business;
- Project managing a wide and varied workload and supervising field staff and survey effort;
- Undertaking site surveys;
- Liaising with clients to develop lasting relationships;
- Ecological Impact Assessment;
- Habitats Regulations Assessment;
- Ecological Mitigation Design and Implementation;
- Staff Mentoring and Management;
- Financial Planning and Management; and
- Technical oversight and sign-off of project outputs.
- Educated to degree level in ecology or a directly related subject;
- Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management Membership prefered but not essential;
- Established ecological consultant with protected habitat and species experience;
- Experience in developing and training staff, undertaking mentoring and developing best practice approaches including the adoption of the latest technologies;
- Detailed knowledge of U.K., Irish and E.U. Wildlife Legislation and best practice survey techniques;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing skills, attention to detail and ability to write concise reports;
- Technical experience producing and overseeing ecological assessment and reporting in a wide range of areas;
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, make robust, defensible decisions and work to tight deadlines to meet client needs;
- Experience of obtaining a variety of protected species licenses and liaising with regulatory bodies to negotiate and obtain consents;
- Experience in preparation and writing ecological sections of environmental impact assessments ensuring that legislative guidelines are adhered to;
- Full driving license and willingness to travel and undertake fieldwork in Ireland and the U.K.
Application deadline: 15/10/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Permanent Salary: Competitive with bonuses depending on experience
Please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org