Survey of Carlingford Lough
Project: Spartina spp. Survey of Carlingford Lough
Client: Newry, Mourne and Down District Council
Services Provided: AVRIO was engaged by the client to provide services consisting of carrying out of surveys and reporting on the distribution of the invasive alien species Spartina spp. (Spartina anglica) at Carlingford Lough and Carlingford Lough Marine Protected Area (MPA). The services AVRIO provided included the following:
- Pre-data searches of all available databases and communication with relevant bodies for existing information on the ecology of Carlingford Lough;
- Conducting field surveys of the entire Carlingford Lough area including Carlingford Lough MPA. Drone based terrain surveys, on foot field surveys as well as boat surveys were utilised;
- Coalition of all data within the GIS database and the generation of maps to illustrate the extent of Spartina’s proliferation in Carlingford Lough;
- The preparation of a final report including the following:
- Overview of relevant legislation;
- Survey methodology & findings;
- Recommendations for management; and
- Identification of further funding opportunities for Spartina management.
If your business or clients require the above services or any of our additional services, get in touch today, and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia