Marina Development | Co Galway
Project: Development of 8 Berth Marina, Moorings and Amenity area – Co. Galway
Client: Ward Piling/Waterways Ireland
Services Provided: AVRIO was engaged by the client to provide ecological services throughout the construction and development stage of this project. The services AVRIO have provided to date are:
- Undertook a preconstruction Invasive Species survey to determine if invasive species were present at the development site;
- Undertook preconstruction bat surveys of a number of buildings to be demolished and identified the presence of a maternity soprano pipistrelle roost with 196 bats and a transitional/occasional roost consisting of 2 soprano pipistrelle bats;
- The completion of an application to the NPWS for a derogation licence to exclude and remove bats from both roosts, including ecological mitigation and enhancement recommendations;
- General ECoW which consisted of:
- A lamprey survey and removal of identified lamprey from dredged spoil material;
- Implementation of construction pollution prevention measures;
- The exclusion of bats from their roosts;
- Pre demolition bat surveys;
- The supervision of the destruction of excluded bat roosts in line with the licence requirements; and
- Oversight of the demolition processes.
If your business or clients require the above services or any of our additional services, get in touch today, and a member of our team will be happy to help.